Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baja Thanks

 

Enjoy Every Moment 1 snippet

I don’t know about any other bloggers out there but I find one of the hardest things to decide on is the ‘post title’. If I always used the stamp set as the title I’m sure you’d see the same thing over and over again and think ‘I’ve already seen that one’ even though it’s a ‘new’ post….

Anyway I’m going with Baja Thanks today as the colour that is used the most is Baja Breeze and the sentiment is Thank You.

This card came about after seeing this lovely card on Lynn Put’s blog. You all know I’m not too fond of Bold Brights and Lynn hasn’t used them either but her card is lovely and bright. My card doesn’t resemble the layout or colours of Lynn’s. I did want to do something bright and cheery like Lynn’s but I couldn’t find a colour combination that I liked so instead I went with a blue version and also changed to a different Mojo Monday Sketch to that which Lynn has used.

So here’s my card.

Enjoy Every Moment 1

See. Nothing like Lynn’s gorgeous card apart from the flower arrangement although I’m quite happy with it.

This stamp set, Enjoy Every Moment, is one I purchased when it first came out in the Spring Mini 2008. I didn’t buy it immediately it was only after seeing some lovely creations others were making with it. Guess what. After I purchased it I never used it.  Well that is up until last night. I say this every year but I really am going to try this time and make sure I have used every stamp set I own more than once. Of course you have your favourites that you make heaps with but I’m hoping to even that out a bit this time.

The sketch I’ve used is Mojo Monday Week 17 and the colours are from SU Color Combo’s site. I think I selected Whisper White and Kiwi Kiss and it came back with lots of choices but I decided on the one that added Baja Breeze and Pacific Point. I haven’t used a lot of Pacific Point yet so it was nice to not only use a ‘new’ stamp set but some new colours too.

I’ve mentioned before that I’m decorating the inside of my cards now. I used to create inserts on the computer for my cards (I still do occasionally) but it really finishes a card off when you do the inside too. It doesn’t have to be much but it keeps the theme going.

Enjoy Every Moment 1 inside

 

 Supplies: All Stampin’ Up unless specified.
Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Baja Breeze Patterns DSP
Ink: Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: 1” & 1 1/4” Circle Punches, Scallop Edge Punch, Rhinestone Brad, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Nestabilities Circle Plain & Scallop.

 

Happy Stamping

Nikki 



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty card! Love your layout and chose of colors!