Friday, October 2, 2009

Bored Children???

I don’t know about you but I don’t often recall as a child saying I was bored. The few toys I had would keep me occupied and as I got older I would keep myself busy by reading, listening to music, playing with friends, having fun outside roller skating or playing at the park, knitting or some other craft.

Why is it that our children have so much more than we did but they can still come out with the “I’m bored” comment? Is it just me or do your children do this too?

Well I heard this comment from a few of my girls ( I have 4 of them) last Sunday so I gave them something to do.

Scrap punchies

Jayne Mercer posted a message on her blog on the 8th September about how she and some of her team have started volunteering at Play Therapists at Westmead Children’s Hospital. On her last visit one of the staff was punching out shapes for the children to use in their art activities. Jayne asked if they could use some punched shapes which of course the answer was YES so now Jayne has put the word out to readers of her blog and fellow demonstrators to see if they can also help with this.

So as you can see by the picture above my ‘BORED’ girls went to work with my scrap cardstock and some punches (both SU and some old Carl punches) and we ended up with this bag full of different shapes to donate. I did help too but most of them stayed at it and I think for the next 1 1/2 – 2 hours there were no bored comments.

If you can assist with this also it would be much appreciated I’m sure. You can either send your donation of punched shaped directly to Jayne (her address is in her post mentioned above) or you can forward them to myself and I will hand deliver them to Jayne on November 21st when I catch up with her at Stampin’ Up Regionals. If you would like to send them through to me my address is 134 Frederick Street, Lalor Park NSW 2147. If you are local then feel free to drop them off.

P.S. I will be selling off my Carl and non-SU punches at the next Giant Craft Sale on 24th October so if you are after some punch bargains be there early.

 

Happy Punching,

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: