Friday, February 27, 2009

A Sketch Challenge and Kwernerdesign Color Inspiration #43

I’ve managed to combine a recent Sketch Challenge I posted to Stampin’ Up in Oz this week

Sketch #1

along with the latest Kwernerdesign Color Inspiration challenge #43

022609-colors

and this was only posted today. This must be a first for me.

So here is my creation using this sketch and colour combination.

Brocade Basics 12 

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Brocade Basics, Warm Words
Card: Chocolate Chip, Brocade Blue, Ruby Red, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie Prints DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red
Accessories: Earth Elements buttons, Hemp Twine, Nestabilities (non-SU)



 photo Nikki4.png

20 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooh I like this take on the challenge.

Tegan said...

I don't think I ever realised until today that you..living in Lalor Park, are just round the corner (okay, so slight exaggeration there haha) from me...in Blacktown!! Pretty awesome :)
Thought i'd leave a comment telling you how much i LOVELOVELOVE this card <3 Natural colours, beautiful image and layout! Just awesome overall!

zcdl said...

Beautiful card :)

Anonymous said...

hi Nikki beautiful and cute card! ~Donna

One Klassy Chick said...

Just stunning Nicole! I love every detail of this card!

S x

Yankee in England said...

Really stunning card!

Kari said...

Cute card! I love how you created the flowers with the Brocade Basics set!!! Very fun!

Traveling Mama said...

This is really pretty! Love the simplicity and your use of the colors this week!

Karen said...

Hey there Nikki!!

Absolutely LOVE both of your cards!! I hope to give that combo a try tomorrow if I get time! I dont seem to have time to scratch myself lately and its driving me nuts!!

Have a good one!

Karen

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! I love the layout with the flowers extending out of the circle. very nice.

Sylvia said...

This is a really beautiful card! Good job!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I love this set.

Juanita said...

Love how you cut out the blooms on with this set. gret job.

Claire Harrison said...

Hi Nikki,

Congrats on making it to the Colour round up 25 with your gorgeous card!

Diane Barnes said...

Great idea with Brocade Basics. Love the flowers coming out of he circle & the colours look fab. Best wishes, Di

Sam said...

Lovely card Nikki!

Congrats on being in the round-up.

Sam.

Anonymous said...

I love the layout. You took a double challenge and it works. Congrats on Top 25

Carol Dunstan said...

congrats Nikki! Great card

Amrita said...

Beautiful card - I love how you used Brocade Basics in this card.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous ! Well done and congratulations!