Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Who said “Blue and Green” should never been seen……

I remember being told as a child that “Blue and Green should never be seen unless there’s a colour in between” but that must have changed now or whoever said it hadn’t seen Wild Wasabi with Soft Sky.

I’ve been wanting to make one of Jackie Topa’s Stationery Boxes for a while so on Sunday night and Monday I finally did it. I wanted to adapted the measurements to fit Australian C6 envelopes & cards inside rather than the US size so this added to the time it took for me to complete the project but now that it’s done the next one will be a lot quicker. In the process I have also proven that Blue and Green can be seen together without having to have a colour in between. Well I think I have as I love the colour combination and even though there is Very Vanilla the Blue and Green are next to each other.

 

100_1449

I’ve chosen to use the Spring Silhouettes DSP which coordinates with Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla.  This picture doesn’t really show the true colours of Wild Wasabi and Soft Sky unfortunately. It’s a little brighter in real life.

Seeing how the lid is made using a lovely patterned paper I decided to leave the base plain.

100_1451

Inside you will find cards and envelopes, love notes and envelopes, gift tags, pen, postage stamps and an address/note book.

100_1452

  There are 4 cards (2 of each sentiment), 4 love notes (2 of each sentiment) and 4 gift tags all with the same sentiment.

100_1454

I’m sure I’ll be making some more of these. They will make great gifts for some of my non-stamping family members and friends.



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!Pretty

Debbie Pamment said...

Love you choice of colours! End result is stunning!

Anonymous said...

This looks fabulous! How did you put the ribbon on the love notes?

Liz
latham.4@bigpond.net.au