Monday, February 23, 2009

Sketch Challenge

Here is the Sketch we were given this week by Makeesha on our demo group.

clip_image002

I’ve managed to make 2 cards with this sketch so far.

This first one is using the Eastern Blooms stamp set.

Eastern Blooms 2

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Eastern Blooms, Sincere Salutations, Sanded
Card: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla
Ink: Blue Bayou inkpad, Blue Bayou & Soft Sky Markers*
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, District Ribbon Originals, Chunky Sprinkles, Mono Multi Purpose Adhesive, Paper Piercing Template & Tool (Tool Kit), Stampin’ Dimensionals.

For the second card I just had to use Embrace Life stamp set.

Embrace Life 6

With this card I decided to scallop edge the bottom piece of layering. I also added a thin strip of dsp instead of ribbon on the second layer and I just left the flower on it’s own rather than layering it onto a circle. The flower has been stamped onto a piece of Ginger Blossom DSP using Ruby Red ink and a Very Vanilla 1/2 backed pearl added.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Embrace Life, Curvy Verses
Card: Groovy Guava, Rose Red, Very Vanilla, Ginger Blossom DSP
Ink: Ruby Red
Accessories: Very Vanilla 1/2 backed pearl (Pretties Kit), Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercing template & tool (Tool Kit), Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

10 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

I love both these sets and you've done them up beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki, I love your cards. Just love that sanded background :)
hugs
xox

Unknown said...

Wow! both cards are Fabulous!

Fiona said...

I love the second one, especially. Really pretty

Jeanne Couch said...

Two cards.... I was happy getting one done!! You are clever, both really nice cards.

Claire said...

Wow, these are just gorgeous Nikki!

Chelle said...

Oh, love them both. Colours are so bright & cheery!
TFS

Karen said...

Just beautiful Nikki - love them both!!

Love your blog banner too!! Pleae tell me it's new and that I am not slow! lol

Karen
xo

Nikki said...

Hi Karen.

No you're not slow I uploaded it yesterday and changed my website one too.

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Very Cute Nikki! I love both of these cards! Great job on the sketch, and thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x