Saturday, February 14, 2009

kwernerdesign Colour Inspiration #41

I have not participate in one of Kristina’s Colour Challenges in ages but I needed something to get me going again. In my last post I used one of Taylored Expressions Sketches and Kristina’s colour challenge was another on my list to help kick start me again.

Here is the Colour Inspiration Challenge:

Color Inspiration #41

We don’t yet have Riding Hood Red available in Australia so I went with Ruby Red instead. I wasn’t sure what I was going to create with these colours at first and then decided I would CASE a card I created previously back in this post and incorporate the colours into it and of course make a few minor changes along the way.

This is what I came up with.

Embrace Life 5

I’ve stamped the leaves in Stazon Black onto the Ruby Red cardstock and then coloured them in with my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and then mounted to a Basic Black Card.  I then randomly stamped the small flower branch using Basic Gray ink onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock which I’ve layered onto a scallop edged piece of Whisper White card. This is then mounted to the card. The large flower has been stamped using Stazon Black onto Watercolor Paper. I’ve coloured using Watercolor Crayons. This is mounted to the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals and a Whisper White 1/2 back pearl has been added. Lastly I’ve added a Whisper White Rub-on from the Hidden Garden pack.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Embrace Life
Card: Basic Black, Ruby Red, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Watercolor paper
Ink: Stazon Black, Basic Gray, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
Accessories: Hidden Garden Rub-ons, Pretties Kit, Scallop Edge Punch.



 photo Nikki4.png

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki, this card is gorgeous. I love the leaves, they are really very striking being stamped in stazon.
hugs xox

Unknown said...

Very elegant!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty! Good job.

Karen said...

Nikki - that card is just beautiful! Every time you make a card with that set it's always so elegant looking!

Great job!

Karen

Catherine said...

this is a lovely card, I love the stamps used and the colour combination's.