Saturday, October 3, 2009

You may have guessed….

that I finally have my regular computer back after 2 weeks of being in for repairs. This time they replaced not only what they determined the error to be but also an extra part just in case. They didn’t want me having to take it back yet again. So far so good but I’m still going to cross fingers, toes, legs, etc for a few more days.

What will this mean?

Hopefully some more regular posting and also now that the Secret Sister Swap I was in for the last 3 months is over and the reveal is done I have all my items I made for that to share with you.

The swap rules were that each month (July, August & September) we had to send at least 2 cards and 1 handmade gift with the final month being a gift containing some SU supplies as it was run only with fellow Australian Demonstrators.

I had a wonderful Secret Sister and I’ve shared the odd thing with you that I have CASED from her items she sent me. I do know who it was and will email her to see if she is sharing these on her blog and/or whether she is okay with my sharing them here of course giving her full credit.

At the start of the swap we received a questionnaire which we completed and sent back to the organiser who then forwarded them to our partner. This gave us some information about the stamp sets, SU colour family they liked along with some other information. Now my partner was a challenge in regards to colour family as her favourite was Bold Brights and if you have been reading my blog for a little while you will know that it is my least used colour family. At first I stressed about this but in the end decided to just go with what I liked but try and make things bright (using other colours or mixing them) and using some of her favourite stamp sets too.

I won’t be showing you everything in one post otherwise what would I show you tomorrow and the day after…..lol So I will spread them out over the next week or so.

As we had no particular order in which we had to send (i.e. we didn’t have to send Card 1 and then Card 2 and gift) I decided to make my first item a card & handmade gift.

When sending my gifts I coordinated the cards using dsp, cardstock, ribbons, etc.

This was the first card I sent:

July Card 1

 

 

With this card I used a Mojo Monday Sketch, one of my SS favourite stamp sets (Priceless) and I have used Real Red, Kiwi Kiss and Pink Pirouette cardstock & inkpads. A Real Red brad and some Real Red grosgrain ribbon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Along with the card I sent this gift:

July Gift front 

 

This is one of Lauren Meader’s Timeless Templates called Lolli-Pop Along. There are no lollipops in mine so the insert is just a base and for the cover I have used Vellum and wheeled the So Swirly Jumbo wheel using Whisper White Craft Ink over it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s a side view:

July Gift side

 

 

Inside is of course my gift. My gift for this month was a jar of Embossing Powder (something on my SS wish list) and a handmade Post-It Note holder.

July Gift Post-It Note holder

Tomorrow I’ll show you card 2 for July.

 

Happy Stamping

Nikki



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I soooooooooooooo love the Priceless set and I love what you have done with it Nikki. I wld never have thought of putting that colour combo together...but it really rocks!! Your SS is one lucky gal!!