Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stamp Club + Birthday Cards

Last night was Stamp Club and we all made the Paper Block Holders as I mentioned earlier this week but silly me forgot to snap a picture of everyone’s creations so that I could upload to share with you all. I do however have a picture of my 2nd and 3rd one I’ve now made.

This one is using some of the lovely Bella Rose DSP.

Paper Block Holder MIM #3

And this one is using some more of the yummy Raspberry Tart DSP.

Paper Block Holder MIM #2

 

As the ladies in my stamp club are also friends and we regularly stamp together every fortnight we continued on for the night, and a couple of us into the wee hours of the morning….hehehe. I managed to complete my 3rd set of 30 swap cards for the upcoming Stampin’ Up Convention which is taking place in a fortnight down in Canberra and I also made 2 of the 3 Birthday cards I needed for a luncheon with some online stamping friends today.

I decided I would make them all using the new set called ‘Upsy Daisy’ and just vary the colour combinations and technique/method of stamping on them.

The first card I made is using the colour combination of Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip. I stamped the image in Perfect Plum first and then stamped again in Pale Plum positioning the image just off skew to give a shadow effect.

Upsy Daisy Birthday 3

 

For the 2nd card I have used the colour combination of Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Taken With Teal and Basic Black. The image has been coloured in with markers (I’ve made my own in colour markers following Carol Dunstan’s Tutorial).

Upsy Daisy Birthday 2

This last card I made this morning after being inspired by this card Stephanie Pike made.  I was thinking blues myself and then when I saw Steph’s card I knew this was the technique I was going to use along with Pacific Point, Baja Breeze and Whisper White.

Upsy Daisy Birthday 1

 

I’m stamping again tonight with Meighan (my friend and neighbour) so hopefully I’ll have some more things to show you tomorrow too although I’m a little late with a few things I owe some members of Stampin’ Up in Oz so I must get those done and out first but won’t be able to share those until they have received them which I’m sure you’ll understand.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: