Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wanted…

I pulled out my “Wanted” stamp set a few weeks back when Leonie & Carol came over with their children for the day as I was still yet to use it but didn’t make anything with it. Finally last night when I was stamping with another friend I did put it to use and this is what I created.

Wanted 1

I think the struggle with this set is that I had no purpose to make a horse card. I love horses but haven’t been on one in donkey’s years, but none of the males in my family or that I know are horse people and to me this set and my creation is more masculine. I find any masculine card difficult as I don’t need to make many of them. There are definitely loads more girls in my family than boys. We have 8 males against 17 females and that’s just immediate family (parents, siblings, nieces & nephews). This probably explains why a lot of my creations are more feminine and I use lots of flower stamp sets. 

I guess I need to give myself a few challenges. One would be to make some more masculine cards and the other would be to make something using the Wanted stamp set that I feel is more feminine or at least suitable for a female so I don’t upset anyone who things this set isn’t just a masculine set.

It might just be the darker/boyish colours and as I’m typing this I’ve just had an idea for a girly card so hopefully I’ll have another post soon with a girly horse card…….

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Wanted
Card: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Outlaw DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Sage Shadow
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Metallic Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: