Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Polka Dot Valentine

I finally had some time to give last weeks “Make It Monday” Tutorial by Makeesha a go. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before but not only does Makeesha share these great tutorials with other Australian Demonstrators via our demo group but she also shares them on her website for anyone that visits. If you would like to check out the Tutorial for this project I’m sharing with you today then you can view it here.

The first thing I decided I wanted to use to make my Rectangle Box was the Spring Break DSP. Can’t use new stuff all the time now can I? The coordinating colours for Spring Break are Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Soft Sky and Pumpkin Pie. I choose to use Blue Bayou as my main colour for the box so I followed the tutorial and did that.

Now when it came to selecting which print to use from the Spring Break DSP I ended up deciding to do something totally different to my initial idea, which I won’t tell you about as I may still make one up like that. I love the stripe print in the Spring Break pack and thought it would work great along with the Polka Dot Punches SAB set to create a masculine Valentine Gift Box.

So this is how it turned out.

Polka Dot Punches Rectangle Box

 

This is the inside which will be filled with one of my hubby’s favourite choccies (either Bertie Bettles or those liquer bottle chocolates) closer to Valentine’s Day as it’s just way too hot to keep them around for another 10 days.

Polka Dot Punches Rectangle Box open

So do you think I pulled off a Masculine look??? 



 photo Nikki4.png

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a lovely box Nicki - definitely blokey enough in my view! Great job!

Karen
xo

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great valentine gift box...

Chantelle said...

This is really nice Nikki. I love the heart image - it's my fav. tfs