Monday, February 2, 2009

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #4

This is the sketch challenge that Makeesha gave us for this week on our Demo group and she also posts it on her blog for anyone else interested in giving it a go.

 

makeesha-sketch-004

 

This week I’ve created 2 cards using this sketch.

The first one is using the Summer By The Sea stamp set.

Summer By The Sea 2

I’ve colour the image using Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise and Blush Blossom markers with my aqua painter after stamping it onto watercolor paper using Stazon Black ink. The image has been layered onto a piece of Blue Bayou and then onto So Saffron. I’ve tied some Black Hemp Twine around the So Saffron and added 3 x 1/2” circles of Blue Bayou cardstock with Black brads in the centres using Stampin’ Dimensionals. This is all layered onto a Basic Black card.

For the next card I’ve used the Crab & Co stamp set. I purchased this when the Birthday Promotion was on but hadn’t used it yet. Now I have. One of my nieces has her 10th Birthday this month so this card will be ready for her.

Crab & Co 1

The image has been stamped onto watercolor paper using Stazon Black in. I have then coloured using Real Red, Wild Wasabi & Sahara Sand inkpads and an aqua painter. I’ve also used my So Saffron marker for the circles & bow on the party hat.  This is then layered onto some Real Read Cardstock and then onto So Saffron cardstock. The presents have been stamped onto watercolor paper using Stazon Black ink and punched out with the 1” Circle Punch. I have then coloured them using the Blue Bayou inkpad and an aqua painter along with Real Red, Wild Wasabi and So Saffron markers for the finer details. I have also sponged around the edges of the circles using a sponge dauber and Real Red inkpad. ‘Snappy Birthday’ is stamped onto watercolor paper using Stazon Black also and layered onto some Real Red cardstock. I have used the Speckled Jumbo Wheel and Blue Bayou inkpad over the Blue Bayou base card. Tied some Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon around the So Saffron and mounted to the card. The presents are adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals and also the ‘snappy birthday!’



 photo Nikki4.png

2 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Great cards for the challenge - love little crabby - he's such a friendly fella!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Nikki.....as always! I LOVE both of these and you have done a fabulous job of the watercolouring too! Thanks so much for playing! Love keesh x