Sunday, February 1, 2009

In Color Summer

This continuous hot weather (not as bad in Sydney as it is in some other Australian States) is making me just want to sit inside in the cool. Yesterday I had to catch up on the ironing but today I’m creating. I have a few things on my agenda that I am hoping to get done so there should be some more posts this week.

Seeing how we are almost at the end of another Stampin’ Up Catalogue year, I’m planning on using some of my stamp sets that haven’t see ink in a while (or at all) along with lots of In Colour items, so I’m not as disappointed if/when they retire. Of course we all have our favourites that we wish would never retire but we also realize we need new things too.

Today’s card I’ve made using the Summer By The Sea stamp set. This is a wonderful set to Watercolour with.

Summer By The Sea 1

For this card I have a Wild Wasabi base. I’ve then layered a piece of Soft Sky cardstock which has been stamped using Soft Sky ink and Sanded Background stamp. The edges have also been sponged with Soft Sky ink. I have a Groovy Guava photo corner which I’ve paper pierced using the template & tool from the Tool Kit. The main image and verse are both stamped on watercolor paper using Stazon Black. For the main image I’ve used Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Almost Amethyst and Blush Blossom markers with my aqua painter.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: