Saturday, September 13, 2008

True Friends yet again....

I just love this set. I was so happy it made it into our mini catalogue but I've probably mentioned that already.

I made these 2 cards last Saturday evening for a Sketch Challenge that we do on one of the Yahoo groups I'm in.

 

True Friends 3

This is the 1st card I made which I'm really happy with. I really like this colour combo. Just a shame that the DSP I've used was from the Sampler Promotion pack a few months back but I'm thinking that the Polka Dot background stamp, stamped in Whisper White craft ink onto the Almost Amethyst Cardstock may give a similar result. I'll have to try it and show you how it turns out.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friends, Short & Sweet
Card: Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac, Very Vanilla, Almost Amethyst DSP
Ink: Always Artichoke, Almost Amethyst & Lovely Lilac Markers, Always Artichoke inkpad
Accessories: Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Tool Kit, Pretties Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals

True Friends 2

I then made the card up using some of the Apple Cider paper and coordinating cardstock. As we don't have In Colour Markers I made my own Wild Wasabi and River Rock markers using a blender pen and reinker. I think I need a bit more ink in the Wild Wasabi but it's still okay.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: True Friends, Short & Sweet
Card: Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Apple Cider DSP
Ink: Really Rust, Wild Wasabi & River Rock Markers, Wild Wasabi Inkpad
Accessories: River Rock double-stitched ribbon, Tool Kit, Pretties Kit, Stampin' Dimensionals.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

These are beautiful Nicole! I must get that set out again...