Sunday, September 14, 2008

Heartfelt Thanks

In one of the demonstrator yahoo groups I'm in we get weekly challenges. This weeks challenge was to blow the dust off a set we hadn't used in a while and create something using it.

Well I did that with Looks Like Spring but that was before the challenge was given so I decided rather than just share that card with the group I'd pull out another that needed the dust blown off (which there are quite a few)....hehehehe. That happens when you have a lot of stamp  sets as you tend to play with new favourites and forget about the other ones you've been neglecting.

You've probably guessed that the set I decided to pull out was Heartfelt Thanks. I have used the Sketch Challenge from SplitCoastStampers for this week (SC193) for my layout.

 

Heartfelt Thanks 1

 

 

For this first card I also chose to use a Colour Challenge from SplitCoastStampers (CC124) which is Old Olive, Regal Rose & Pretty In Pink.  I used the full Sketch for this card also as there was an optional piece to the layout which is the circular piece.

I wasn't too sure if I liked this card once it was finished but the more I looked at it the more I liked it.  If I didn't grow to like it you probably wouldn't have seen it.....hehehe.

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Heartfelt Thanks, Circle of Friendship
Card: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Old Olive Prints DSP
Ink: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink & Regal Rose Markers.
Accessories: Tool Kit, 1" , 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig.

Heartfelt Thanks 2

 

 

This second card I decided to leave the optional piece out as I used the 'heartfelt' word stamp randomly over my base card and thought that was enough. I used the same colours as one of the cards in my previous post of Always Artichoke, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac.

I'm still in 2 minds about this one. I much prefer the True Friends card using these colours so I'm not sure if it's just that I used the retired Almost Amethyst DSP in the previous card and I didn't in this one. This card just looks a little dark to me.

What do you think??

Supplies:
Stamp sets: Heartfelt Thanks
Card: Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst
Ink: Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig.



 photo Nikki4.png

5 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

These are just lovely Nikki!!
Deanne
xx

Leonie Schroder said...

Nikki these are very elegant and very pretty. Good to see some use of the older stamp sets.

Anonymous said...

Love the Regal Rose card Nicole...those colours are always beautiful.

Debbie M said...

Wow - your work is just soo beautiful! another one to add to my favoutites LOL

Debbie M

Debbie M said...

These cards are just beautiful - Love the pinks but also love the other card as well.

Debbie M