Monday, July 28, 2008

Berry Kind

All the Designer Series Papers in the Idea Book & Catalogue and the new Spring Mini are just gorgeous but I'd have to say one (repeat ONE) of my favourites is the Berry Bliss pack. I love the colours of Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate and a touch of Whisper White together. They just co-ordinate so well.

I was playing around with these papers Saturaday night along with the One of a Kind stamp set and Boho Blossoms Punch which all co-ordinate with each other and came up with 2 cards.

I wanted to make a card for a Sketch Challenge on a yahoo group I'm in and also a card to add to a promotion on my newsletter. I thought I'd combine the 2 and therefore only need to make 1 card. Well things didn't go as planned so hence the 2 cards.

I started on the Sketch card and had all the back layers done which I was happy with and just needed to work on my main focal image. I also wanted to used the matching stamp and punch on the card. I made up my focal piece but it just wasn't working with the card however I did still like it. This was how the second card came about. I put the first one aside and the second card came together very quickly using the focal image I'd already prepared. Well once I finished that card the idea of how to finish the second card came to me and well that didn't take much longer either.

 

One of a Kind 2

So here is the first card I ended up completing which is actually my second card I started.....(hope you understand that). Now the Pretty in Pink piece on the bottom section of the card is from the Berry Bliss DSP it just doesn't show up real well in the photo. It's a colour on colour print.

 Supplies:
Stamp sets: One of a Kind
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DSP
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink.
Accessories: Boho Blossoms Punch, Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, sponge dauber, Mini Glue Dots, Soft Subtles Brads.

 

 

 

 

And then here is the second card I completed which of course makes it the one I started first and the one for the Sketch Challenge. The focal image on the previous card was what I initially was going to add but it just looked to big and One of a Kind 1busy. I was much happier with this look. I think it shows off the papers more.

 

Supplies:
Stamp set: One of a Kind
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DSP.
Inks: Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon, Small corner rounder punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, sponge dauber, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots.



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nikki, these are super cute! Aren't the berry bliss paper beautiful! Also love your Tart and Tangy ones below too :) Hope you are well. Take care, Keesh x