Sunday, June 15, 2008

Baroque Trio

Baroque Birthday Trio

Friday night was my fortnightly get together with friends to stamp at my house. 2 of us had birthdays earlier this month (1 day apart in fact) another has hers next week and the other regular lady (who is a very good friend) had hers in March but slacko me never got around to making her a card. Well I didn't want to make the other 2 ladies a card and not my very good friend so even though it was late she finally received one.

I decided to make 3 similar cards shown above using different colour combinations.

Baroque Birthday Gauva

1st up I used the colour combination that was used on the Groovy Roses card in this post of Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom and a touch of Mellow Moss.  I've used Mellow Moss eyelets and some Mellow Moss ribbon from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals pack.

Supplies:

Stamp sets: Baroque, Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava
Inks: Mellow Moss, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Mellow Moss eyelets (Soft Subtles pack), Mellow Moss ribbon (Sherbet Ribbon Originals), Stampin' Dimensionals.

Baroque Birthday Bayou

The 2nd card is a combination from the SU Color combo site. I selected Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Very Vanilla and among other combinations that came back was Groovy Guava. Now we don't have Groovy Guava brads so I have used Blush Blossom from my retired Soft Subtles II pack. Not much I could do about that as I didn't want to add another colour such as silver or black and seeing it was a card for a friend I didn't think she would mind.

 

 

 

Baroque Birthday Pomegranate

 

The last card is another selection from the SU Color Combo site. I picked Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava and Very Vanilla and then from the selections that came back I chose to go with Chocolate Chip. Like with the last card we don't have Chocolate Chip brads so I had to use my stash of 'non-SU' brads, I know pretty bad but what else could I do? I looked at the metallic's pack but the Antique Brass just wasn't right. I'm sure she will forgive me.

 

 

So what colour combination do you like best??



 photo Nikki4.png

1 comment:

Leonie Schroder said...

Nikki you really need to stop making cards with stamps I dont have - you make me want them too :O You have an award waiting for you at http://www.totallyaddinktive.com/2008/07/an-award-and-a-latte/ and check out my new machine.