Saturday, March 1, 2008

Roses in Winter is Retiring......

 

Well you just can't pick what will stay and what will go from the current Idea Book & Catalogue. Each year at this time, Stampin' Up demonstrators eagerly await the retiring list to see what stamp sets, wheels & accessories we currently own will make it, what won't and therefore how much we lose. Well I'm not going to tell you how many I'll lose but it's enough. Good excuse to buy some new one's though in April when the 2008 | 2009 Idea Book & Catalogue is released.

I really thought (or maybe hoped) that Roses in Winter would continue for another year. It's such a lovely set and unfortunately I didn't use it enough but that has more to do with the amount of sets I own and trying to make sure I use all of them at some time. I'll be rethinking my purchases next catalogue to make better use of what I will own.

This past week I've held some Beginner Classes which was attended by some Mum's from my girls school. One of the cards I decided we would do was a Mother's Day card (seeing how that will be here before we know it) and the Roses In Winter set is a perfect one for this.

This is the card we made:

Roses in Winter - Mother's Day

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I've used 3 ink and card colours + a neutral which are Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Almost Amethyst & Very Vanilla as the neutral.  For those of you that haven't seen the Roses in Winter set, the rose is made up of 3 stamps and the leaves are using 2 stamps. You don't of course have to have large roses and use all 3 images, as you can see I have 1 smaller rose on my card which just uses the smaller 2. To give the rose some depth, I've stamped the larger image off twice before stamping my card, the 2nd stamp was stamped off once and the last one was stamped directly. With the leaves I've stamped off once for the larger image and the smaller image was stamped directly. The Mother's Day image is from All-Year II which is also retiring. 

Using the same colour scheme of Rose Red, Always Artichoke & Almost Amethyst I made 2 other cards.

This first one I've used one of the verses from the Roses in Winter set, scalloped the bottom edge of the Rose Red layer and also added some Cream Organdy Ribbon (also retiring).

Roses In Winter 3

 

The last card I've added a 3D rose and also spritzed some colour onto the cardstock using the Colour Spritzer tool and markers.

Roses in Winter 2_edited-1

 

This set works with many different colours and you can use different shades of a colour to give the rose depth like in this card. I've used Almost Amethyst and Vintage Violet for the Roses and Certainly Celery for the leaves.

Roses in Winter 4

 

Remember this set retires on 31st March or until stocks are gone. If you would like to order this set or any other retiring item email me. Orders can be shipped anywhere in Australia directly from Stampin' Up.  You can view the retired items list here.



 photo Nikki4.png

No comments: